The arm creates a musical sound stage unmatched by any other. It has been described as powerful and dynamic, solid yet expressive, delicate and tactile. The outstanding quality of this arm, commented on time and again, is that it is invisible, lacking the colorations that plague so many of our competitors.
"The Tri-Planar's ability to resolve low level detail was superb, and its tonal balance and frequency extensions were exemplary. In every way, it remains one of the world's premier arms." - Stereophile July 2001 Vol. 24 No. 7: pages 33-35.
• Damped headshell
• Annealed-aluminum coaxial damped armtube
• Clamping yoke design that firmly couples the headshell tube to the bearing tube, making for a single unit yet allowing azimuth rotation of the headshell
• Silicone-fluid trough tonearm damping
• Bearings featuring hand-crafted, hardened and polished needle cones
• Progressive anti-skating design
• Sophisticated system of decoupled counterweights, allowing proper stylus force for any cartridge without altering effective mass
• Easy 3-screw installation, with no large VTA hole
"Powerful and dynamic, solid yet expressive, delicate and tactile. The combination of virtues will make the most of virtually any cartridge and extend virtually any system." - Roy Gregory, ed., "Product of the Year Awards, Editor's Choice," Hi-Fi+ Issue 22: page 33.
• Type: gimbal-bearing tonearm
• Effective length: 250mm
• Pivot-to-spindle distance: 233.5mm
• Overhang: 16.5mm
• Offset angle: 22°
• Effective mass: 11g
• Bearing offset: 22°