To own an ORACLE SME product is to possess a jewel of near perfection in both performance and construction...
ORACLE - SME 345 tonearm
The tone-arm provides superbly detailed and transparent sound, making the music seem more alive and open.
This tone-arm offers differing pivot to stylus distances and was designed for the needs of a broader market requiring alternative arm length and interchangeable shell facility.
To maintain the very high standards of quality all manufacture and processing is carried on 'in house'. Facilities commence with design and toolmaking through all aspects of manufacturing including CNC machining, pressure die-casting, injection moulding, metal finishing, electro-plating, anodising and many other processes.
Inspection at every stage of manufacture and assembly is particularly critical and ensures the consistent standards.
* New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
* Two-piece ultra-stiff tone-arm reflects sophisticated metalworking techniques.
* Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
* Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
* Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
* Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
* 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
* Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
* Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
* Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
* Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
* Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non reflective tone-arm termination.
* Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
* Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
* Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
* New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
* Cartridge leads* *and internal wiring* *LCOFC* *litz.
* Balanced LCOFC audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.